By Fox News |
Fox 'gratified on his behalf' for 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett's case dismissal | Fox News
Jussie Smollett: 'I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one'
Actor Jussie Smollett and his lawyer address the press after prosecutors drop all charges in the alleged hate crime hoax in Chicago.
Following the shocking news on Tuesday that former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s attack hoax charges had been dropped, the show's network issued a statement about the star and the day's stunning proceedings.
"Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified on his behalf that all charges against him have been dismissed,” 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment said in a statement.
As previously reported, the Smollett's role had been cut from the final two episodes of Season 5. His future on the series beyond that remains a question now that Cook County State’s Attorney’s office said it will not prosecute the 16 disorderly conduct charges stemming from the alleged incident, for which his record is expected to be expunged.
CHICAGO PD SUPERINTENDENT EDDIE JOHNSON 'FURIOUS' AT JUSSIE SMOLLETT CHARGES BEING DROPPED, REPORT SAYS
Actor Jussie Smollett talks to the media before leaving Cook County Court after his charges were dropped Tuesday, March 26, 2019, in Chicago. ((AP Photo/Paul Beaty))
Anna Faris opens up about ‘divorce untangling’ following split from Chris Pratt
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna settle child support battle over daughter Dream
Dropping of charges against ‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett ‘almost unheard of’: Judge Andrew Napolitano
Sarah Sanders mocks media's 'Mueller Madness,' slams coverage of Trump-Russia probe